Also go to www.goodparentingtipsblog.com for a great parenting technique. Enjoy driving with your toddler? Find out how; learn tips and advice on how to install a child safety seat for traveling with toddlers in this free parentingvideo. Expert: Alisha Folkman Bio: Alisha Folkman is a mother of two young children and routinely provides advice and support to many new mothers. Filmmaker: Dixon Gillette. Great parenting technique at www.goodparentingtipsblog.com This video is not sourced from this YouTube account.
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to the Best Family Destinations
Are we there yet?
In The Complete Idiot’s Guide(r) to the Best Family Destinations experienced travel writer Kyle McCarthy-in conjunction with one of the top family travel sites, FamilyTravelForum.com-takes readers through five U.S. regions, Canada, and Mexico, uncovering the top 150 destinations for family travelers.
• FamilyTravelForum.com is ranked 2nd on Google and 3rd on Bing for people searching for family travel
• According to Vacation Rental Managers Association, 64% of people say that on their next vacation they want to go someplace they’ve never been before
• The perfect vacation planning tool in a single volume
An ideal flight would be one where your child sleeps for all or part of the flight. But for a child to sleep, he needs to have whatever he usually uses to help him sleep. Does he use a pacifier to soothe him, or a blanket or favorite stuffed animal that he sleeps with? Make sure to pack it.
It takes plenty of preparation to make a trip to Italy go smoothly with a toddler on board.
If your children love the Sesame Street characters, a trip to Sesame Place in Langhorne, Pennsylvania, may be a good idea.
“Sesame Street” is one of the few television programs for children that has crossed generations and, therefore, been prominent to the beginnings.
Ask your airline if there is a shorter boarding line, so your toddler doesn’t get antsy or tired queuing for an hour.
Car seats help protect toddlers by properly securing them. This is important in the event of a collision.
Toddler Car Seat Safety “different Types and Installation Tips”
Your doctor will stress that your child should always ride in a safety car seat, but what’s best for my child. Well all situation are different and not every car seat will work for every child. So here are some tips and facts about the different types of car seats that might help you in buying the best car seat. Once your child is at least 1 year old and weighs at least 20 pounds, she can ride forward facing in her car seat. Although, studies show that it is still safer for her to ride rear facing for as long as she can comfortably do so.
There are 5 types of car safety seats that can be used forward facing.
1. Convertible seats are ones that can be used rear facing or forward facing.
2. Forward facing toddler seats can only be used forward facing with a harness. These are for children who weigh up to 80 pound. You must check the specifications on each model, because some can only be used up to 40 pounds.
3. There are car seats that can be used forward facing or as a booster. These are called a combination forward facing/booster seat. These car seats can be used forward facing for children weighing up to 40 to 65 pounds, depending on the model. They can be used as a booster car seat without the harness for children weighing up to 80 to 100 pounds.
About the author: She is the mother of 5 children ranging from 18 yrs. down to 14 months. She is also the author of a variety of articles about family life with children. From babies to teens, she enjoys sharing ideas about what works for her.